2015 was hard but fun. It was a year of a lot of “firsts”. I’d like to believe I’ve become more mature this year. I’m turning thirty this year after all. In 24 Powerful Ways To Finish The Year Off Right, one of them is, “make a list of the fifteen best things you did this year”, so here it goes.
Best Things of 2015
- I used to think life is unfair, but I realized it isn’t.
- Won and enjoyed a scenic tour of Dubai through a seaplane.
- Saw giraffes and other wildlife at Sir Baniyas Island. Had the most amazing time!
- Lost more than 10kgs of weight and worked out more! Run my first 10Km.
- Worked on a number of creative projects. I got paid in some, but I also did online volunteering which is awesome!
- Visited Scotland! Still in awe of Glencoe and the Loch Ness.
- Finally visited Al Ain! Went to Jebel Hafeet twice this year. Had an awesome time at Wadi Adventure. Slightly conquered my fear of heights. Learned the importance of stepping out of my comfort zone (mostly through A).
- Write more! Briefly worked for a local magazine (didn’t work out but it was fun and a good learning experience nonetheless). Got some articles published on Thought Catalog.
- Be with A. Struggling and enjoying being in a long-distance relationship. Falling in love with him and learning to love me more, every day.
- Went on a dinner cruise along Dubai Creek!
- Made hummus, pinakbet and lots of calamari!
- Explored Abu Dhabi more. I’m starting to like Abu Dhabi more than Dubai. Nooooo! Visited Manarat al Saadiyat more than once. Saw the Abu Dhabi Red Bull Air Race.
- Moved into a new apartment with two cool people.
- After five years of living here, I finally saw the Burj Khalifa fireworks, live.
- Spent it with you!
It’s easy to forget all the things you’ve accomplished throughout the year. I think it’s important to look back and be thankful. By doing this, that I have so much to be grateful for this year even if I probably cried so much more than the previous years. I learned so much this year and I think I changed a lot, for the better.
I am very happy and I wish you are too.