I’m turning thirty in two days and here are some of the things I learned or realised last year.
- You have to try to listen to your body more and give it a break.
- When people leave, let them go.
- Don’t forget to listen to your gut-feeling.
- No one should ever have to wonder or need to be reminded that they are loved and/or missed.
- It’s not too bad to read Facebook comments. Don’t take them seriously though.
- The national animal of the UAE is the Arabian Oryx.
- If you’re 30% through your life, you’re likely 90% through your best relationships
- New organizing/writing skills/tools: Kokuyo Beetle Tip 3-Way Highlighter Pen, The Bullet Journal and a Japanese Hack to Getting Your Notebook Organized.
- I can run a 10K. I can lose 10kgs within a few months by eating better and exercising. And it made me feel good.
- I still hate banks and pharma companies.
- Be the few.
Most of us will settle for fine.
Most of us will stream mp3s instead of asking a friend to play the guitar. Most of us will run on a treadmill at the gym instead of going to the park. Most of us will watch 10 second videos on a computer instead of going to a play. Most of us will eat something we can throw in the microwave instead of learning to cook. Most of us will aspire to being known, to being famous for just a little while. Most of us will be willing to be embarrassed, to hurt ourselves, if it means being known. Most of us will be more concerned with that, with being known, than being remembered by anyone special. Most of us will decide that it’s too soon or too late in life to go after what we really want.Most of us will never actually sit down and think about what we really want. Most of us will spend more time reading status updates than we spend reading books. Most of us will take more pictures of ourselves than actually looking at the world around us. Most of us will take the one unique and precious life we’ve been given and spend it being, just ok. Most of us will make do.And you will meet most of us and when you do, remember this. Be the few. Be the few. By Iain Thomas
- Don’t use Sharpies when coloring grown-up coloring books.
- Abu Dhabi is beautiful and UAE is home.
- Love is a choice.
- “We can hold other people responsible for how we’re feeling”, stress on the “We can”.
- Changing your profile picture on Facebook to show your support over something, is enough reaching out for most people. Actually asking support for a charity fund-raising is hard, but worth it.
- Walk away.
Give yourself permission to immediately walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes. there is no need to explain or make sense of it. just trust what you feel. By Sonia Choquette
The moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk away. By Alysia Harris
- “Your problem with me is not my problem.” “People liking you doesn’t make you like you.”
- Learning Arabic is easier than I thought. I still can’t speak properly, though.
- Just dance!
- Smarties (the best candy-coated chocolates in the world) are not distributed in the United States.
- Scotland is pretty.
- YouTube! Escape to the Country and Grand Designs are awesome shows.
- Ex Machina; humans are so smart, yet so stupid. Also, Norway is gorgeous!
- On opinions and ignorance.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. By Harlan Ellison
- On Responsibility.
It’s not your fault but it might be your responsibility. By Seth Godin
- Black or Copper Bathtubs are cool!
- These Aziz Ansari quotes on relationships are pretty cool.
- “You are only invisible to those who do not deserve to see you.” – Emma Bleker
- لا أبحث عن نصفي الأخر لأنني لستُ نصفًا. I’m not searching for my other half because I’m not a half.